Serving drinks, bar
No initial permit is required for carrying out a hospitality activity, which would prove the fulfilment of conditions. These conditions are verified by an appropriate inspectorate.
The facility, where hospitality activity is implemented, must be appropriately marked, has an appropriate operating permit , considers the minimum spatial conditions and has appropriately arranged outdoor areas. The minimum scope of services must be ensured for a specific hospitality facility, and it must operate regularly so that it is approved by the municipality. When implementing your activity, you need to consider the limitations of selling tobacco products and the restrictions of selling and offering alcohol beverages.
This involves activities that are implemented as a craft:
- bars, buffets, cafés, taprooms and other facilities where food is not prepared, where only drinks are served;
- discotheques and bars that also offer guests dance music or entertainment programme and have appropriate room for those purposes;
- for serving drinks from transport means, if the unit operates independently;
- serving drinks at stands, in booths and other temporary facilities.
This activity is placed on the list of activities that are usually carried out as a craft.
When registering the activity in the Business Register, business entities pursuing this activity as a craft must be entered ex officio in the register of crafts at the Chamber of Craft and Small Business of Slovenia (OZS).
Free entry in the register of crafts is performed based on a notification sent by the registering authority (AJPES) to OZS.
A hospitality services provider can offer individual products without special registration, if this offer is normal (tobacco products, souvenirs, tourist publications, desserts, salty items, chewing gums etc.) and they round up the provider's offer (dry meats, bottled drinks, coffee etc.).
Conditions and evidence
- Hospitality Industry Act
- Rules on minimal technical requirements and on the scope of services for hospitality operations
- Rules on criteria for determining opening hours of hotels and restaurants and farms at which the activity of hotels and restaurants is carried out
- Act Restricting the Use of Alcohol
- Restriction on the Use of Tobacco and Related Products Act
- Rules on conditions which smoking room must to fulfil
- Small Business Act
- Decree determining craft activities and craft-like activities
- Rules on the procedure for issuing craft permit and on the craft register
- List activities in accordance with Article 5 ObrZ-Z is usually performed in a craft way