Canteen and other food service activities
Other food service activities include the preparation and delivery of food based on the contract with the client, i.e. for a definite period. Dishes are usually prepared in the central unit and delivered to the client.
This service includes:
- the preparation and delivery of food to contractual clients, i.e.
- airlines and other transporters,
- kindergartens, schools, hospitals etc.;
- operations of canteens (in factories, hospitals, schools etc.) based on a concession.
No initial permit is required for carrying out a hospitality activity, which would prove the fulfilment of conditions. These conditions are verified by an appropriate inspectorate.
The minimum scope of services must be ensured for a specific hospitality facility, and it must operate regularly so that it is approved by the municipality. When implementing your activity, you need to consider the limitations of selling tobacco products and the restrictions of selling and offering alcohol beverages.
This activity is placed on the list of activities that are usually carried out as a craft.
When registering the activity in the Business Register, business entities pursuing this activity as a craft must be entered ex officio in the register of crafts at the Chamber of Craft and Small Business of Slovenia (OZS).
Free entry in the register of crafts is performed based on a notification sent by the registering authority (AJPES) to OZS.
Conditions and evidence
- Hospitality Industry Act
- Rules on minimal technical requirements and on the scope of services for hospitality operations
- Rules on criteria for determining opening hours of hotels and restaurants and farms at which the activity of hotels and restaurants is carried out
- Act Restricting the Use of Alcohol
- Restriction of the Use of Tobacco Products Act
- Rules on conditions which smoking room must to fulfil
- Small Business Act
- Decree determining craft activities and craft-like activities
- Rules on the procedure for issuing craft permit and on the craft register
- List activities in accordance with Article 5 ObrZ-Z is usually performed in a craft way