Boarding house is categorised as a hospitality accommodation activity.
No preliminary decision on the fulfilment of conditions for carrying out a hospitality activity is required, but all conditions must be fulfilled, which will be supervised by competent inspectorates.
The facility where hospitality activity is implemented, must be appropriately marked, it must have appropriate operating permit and consider the minimum spatial conditions as well as have appropriately regulated outdoor areas. The minimum scope of services must be ensured for a specific hospitality facility, and it must operate regularly so that it is approved by the municipality. When implementing your activity, you need to consider the limitations of selling tobacco products and the restrictions of selling and offering alcohol beverages.
A boarding house is a small accommodation facility that offers food (usually full board) and sleeping premises. A boarding house as an accommodation facility has developed as a type of activity for adjusting to guests with lower purchasing power. In comparison with a hotel, boarding houses have a smaller number of accommodation capacities and are often located in tourist areas.
Conditions and evidence
- Hospitality Industry Act
- Residence Registration Act
- Restriction of the Use of Tobacco Products Act
- Act Restricting the Use of Alcohol
- Rules on categorization of the accommodation facilities
- Rules on minimal technical requirements and on the scope of services for hospitality operations
- Rules on criteria for determining opening hours of hotels and restaurants and farms at which the activity of hotels and restaurants is carried out
- Rules on the method of registration of landlords in the Slovenian Business Register
- Rules on conditions which smoking room must to fulfil
- Rules on the implementation of the Residence Registration Act