An inn is categorised as a hospitality accommodation activity.
No preliminary decision on the fulfilment of conditions for carrying out a hospitality activity is required, but all conditions must be fulfilled, which will be supervised by competent inspectorates.
The facility where hospitality activity is implemented, must be appropriately marked, it must have appropriate operating permit and consider the minimum spatial conditions as well as have appropriately regulated outdoor areas. The minimum scope of services must be ensured for a specific hospitality facility, and it must operate regularly so that it is approved by the municipality. When implementing your activity, you need to consider the limitations of selling tobacco products and the restrictions of selling and offering alcoholic beverages.
An inn (inn with accommodation, inn with rooms, inn with sleeping premises, restaurant with sleeping premises) is a hospitality facility that offers guests accommodation and food. The selection of food and the facility itself are adjusted to the local environment.
Conditions and evidence
- Status and registration Appropriate facility Minimum conditions for business premises, equipment and devices for an inn Minimum scope of services at accommodation Categorisation of accommodation facilities Appropriate external areas of the hospitality facility Marking a hospitality facility Appropriate display of prices Determined working hours Ensuring safety and health at work Ensuring the safety of food Limitation of sale and offer of alcohol drinks Limited use of tobacco products Keeping records and reporting temporary residence to the police Collection and payment of tourist tax
- Hospitality Industry Act
- Residence Registration Act
- Restriction of the Use of Tobacco Products Act
- Act Restricting the Use of Alcohol
- Rules on criteria for determining opening hours of hotels and restaurants and farms at which the activity of hotels and restaurants is carried out
- Rules on minimal technical requirements and on the scope of services for hospitality operations
- Rules on categorization of the accommodation facilities
- Rules on the method of registration of landlords in the Slovenian Business Register
- Rules on conditions which smoking room must to fulfil
- Rules on the implementation of the Residence Registration Act