A hostel is categorised as a hospitality accommodation activity. These facilities are usually closed-type facilities.
This category includes the offer of short-term accommodation on a daily or weekly basis, in furnished rooms, a joint cooking area or fully equipped kitchen. Hostels can be apartments in small multi-dwelling buildings or villages, in single apartment houses, huts, holiday houses etc. Additional services are minimal or there are none whatsoever.
The facility, where hospitality accommodation activity is implemented, must be appropriately marked, it must have appropriate operating permit, it must consider minimum spatial conditions and have appropriately regulated outdoor areas.
No preliminary decision on the fulfilment of conditions for carrying out a hospitality activity is required, but all conditions must be fulfilled, which will be supervised by competent inspectorates.
Conditions and evidence
- Status and registration Appropriate facility Minimum conditions for business premises, equipment and devices for holiday and youth hostels Minimum scope of services at accommodation Categorisation of accommodation facilities Marking a hospitality facility Appropriate display of prices Determined working hours Ensuring safety and health at work Ensuring the safety of food Limitation of sale and offer of alcohol drinks Limited use of tobacco products Keeping records and reporting temporary residence to the police Collection and payment of tourist tax
- Hospitality Industry Act
- Residence Registration Act
- Act Restricting the Use of Alcohol
- Restriction of the Use of Tobacco Products Act
- Rules on minimal technical requirements and on the scope of services for hospitality operations
- Rules on categorization of the accommodation facilities
- Rules on criteria for determining opening hours of hotels and restaurants and farms at which the activity of hotels and restaurants is carried out
- Rules on conditions which smoking room must to fulfil
- Rules on the method of registration of landlords in the Slovenian Business Register
- Rules on the implementation of the Residence Registration Act