An alpine hut is categorised as a hospitality accommodation activity.
An alpine hut is a hospitality facility if it is accessible with motor vehicles or cableway for transporting persons during the entire year and is entered in the register at the Alpine Association of Slovenia.
No preliminary decision on the fulfilment of conditions for carrying out a hospitality activity is required, but all conditions must be fulfilled, which will be supervised by competent inspectorates.
The facility, where hospitality activity is implemented, must be appropriately marked, has an appropriate operating permit, considers the minimum spatial conditions and has appropriately arranged outdoor areas. The minimum scope of services must be ensured for a specific hospitality facility, and it must operate regularly so that it is approved by the municipality. When implementing your activity, you need to consider the limitations of selling tobacco products and the restrictions of selling and offering alcohol beverages.
This also involves renting rooms or beds for a short-period of time; the offer is limited.
Conditions and evidence
- Hospitality Industry Act
- Restriction on the Use of Tobacco and Related Products Act
- Act Restricting the Use of Alcohol
- Rules on categorization of the accommodation facilities
- Rules on criteria for determining opening hours of hotels and restaurants and farms at which the activity of hotels and restaurants is carried out
- Rules on the method of registration of landlords in the Slovenian Business Register
- Rules on conditions which smoking room must to fulfil
- Rules on the implementation of the Residence Registration Act