To pursue this activity, an entry permit is required.
Prior to that, also the approval for the operation of the facility and entry in the register must be acquired.
This field includes:
- breeding and farming of sea fish, also aquarium fish,
- production and rearing of fish, shellfish, crustaceans roe and juveniles,
- farming of sea shellfish, lobsters, crustaceans and other marine animals,
- farming of seaweed and other edible sea plants.
This also includes:
- marine aquaculture in seawater reservoirs,
- operation of marine fish farms,
- farming of marine worms,
- breeding and farming of fish in fish farms
The mariculture holder and supplier are responsible for marine aquaculture.
A permit, issued by the Slovenian Environment Agency is required for marine aquaculture (mariculture). All facilities intended for marine aquaculture must be entered in the register of facilities kept by the Animal Identification and Registration Division at the Administration of the Republic of Slovenia for Food Safety, Veterinary and Plant Protection.
Conditions and evidence
- Status and registration Entry in the central register of aquaculture facilities and commercial ponds Annual reporting of farming and number of water organisms Technology and breeding method Animal-adjusted breeding Fodder basis Appropriate agricultural infrastructure Animal care Animal caretaker Appropriate premises and equipment Appropriate facilities for animal excrements Holder of mariculture