Performance of diagnostic testing and other testing of seed units of agricultural plants
The diagnostic testing and other testing of the seed units of agricultural plants is performed by laboratories on samples taken and submitted for testing (analysis) by:
- suppliers of seed units or
- competent inspectors working for the supplier's control department or
- an authority in the process of formal confirmation or
- a person designated for taking samples under official supervision.
A laboratory records each sample it receives under a suitable identification number enabling traceability during the testing procedure. After testing has been completed, the laboratory submits a report to the client, in which the results of the test are given in great detail.
In order to perform its task, the laboratory must be suitably registered and appointed by a competent authority.
Conditions and evidence
- Status and registration Appointment of laboratories for the implementation of diagnostic testsThe competent authority appoints a laboratory for implementing diagnostic and other tests of seed material. The laboratory must fulfil the conditions with regard to professional, spatia