The evaluation of conformation class and classification of pig carcasses
Only control organisations for evaluation and classification of pig carcasses may carry out the evaluation of conformation class and classification of pig carcasses.
The tasks of the control organisation are the following:
- weighing, classification of pigs, evaluation of conformation classes of production pig carcasses, classification in marker classes and branding or labelling;
- maintenance of measuring equipment;
- verification of pig carcass preparation;
- record-keeping on the established quality of pig carcasses, preparation of a report and appropriate record-keeping on the slaughter and quality of pig carcasses;
- issuing of daily reports on the suppliers or pig farmers;
- cooperation with representatives of pig farmers, slaughterhouses, expert and research institutions and competent administrative bodies;
- provision of traceability in categorisation, evaluation of conformation and classification of pig carcasses.
A control organisation must have an adequate measuring equipment to implement the controlling tasks, provide the accreditation as per the SIST EN ISO/IEC 17020 standard and employ adequately qualified staff – a controller.
Conditions and evidence
- Appropriate measuring equipment Accreditation for conformity establishment Controller of assessment and classification of pig carcasses