Market preparation and marketing of seed units of agricultural plants
The preparation of seed units of agricultural plants includes procedures for preparing the launch of seed units of agricultural plants in the market, i.e.: drying, cleaning, sorting, treatment with plant protection products or chemicals, packing and labelling.
Marketing of seed units of agricultural plants is the sale, supply or delivery of seed units to a third person subject to payment or free of charge, offering seed units for sale, storing seed units or every disposal with seed units for the marketing purposes.
Only suppliers entered in the register of suppliers may carry out the market preparation and marketing.
The seed units entered in the national variety list or common catalogue of varieties of the European Union may be marketed.
Seed units must be in homogeneous lots in the market. They must be packed and labelled in a prescribed way and thus provide the originality of package according to a permit to issue labels and certificates of suppliers.
Suppliers awarded with a permit to issue labels and certificates of suppliers are under official supervision.
In prescribed species of agricultural plants, the seed units may be marketed only with an official certificate.
If seed units of agricultural plants are treated with plant protection products, the proper application of plant protection products should be observed and, if necessary, acquire a permit in emergencies or a parallel trade permit.
Conditions and evidence
- Status and registration Entry in the register of suppliers Obligations of the registered suppliers Decision on the entry of a variety in the national variety list, inclusion of a variety in the common catalogue of varieties of the European Union Permit to issue labels and confirmations of the supplier to market the seed units of agricultural plants Official confirmation of seed units of agricultural plants Proper use of plant protection products (PPP) Permit in emergencies Parallel trade permit
- Agricultural Seeds and Propagating Material Act
- Rules concerning the register of propagating material of agricultural plant producers
- Rules on the marketing of cereal seed
- Rules on the marketing of fodder plant seed and beet seed
- Rules on the marketing of oil and fibre plant seeds
- Rules on marketing of seed potatoes (Official Gazette of RS, Nos. 105/06 and 98/15 )
- Rules on the marketing of vegetable seeds
- Rules on the marketing of vegetable propagation and planting material other than seeds
- Rules on the marketing of fruit plant propagating material and of fruit plants intended for fruit production
- Rules on the marketing of propagating material of ornamental plants
- Rules on the marketing of material for the vegetative propagation of vine
- Rules on the marketing of hop propagating and planting material