Wholesale of goods and other precious models
To pursue this activity, an entry permit and suitable personnel are required.
To pursue trade activity, a wholesaler must meet the minimum technical and spatial conditions, manage data on merchandise, suitably determine opening hours.
Precious metals include:
- palladium and
A supplier who may be the manufacturer, the manufacturer's representative or importer, must provide conformity of articles with the prescribed technical requirements prior to placing articles on the market. Conformity of articles of precious metals may be guaranteed by suppliers by:
- submitting the articles to the Metrology Institute to test and mark them with a compliance mark or
- by maintaining the prescribed technical documentation.
Articles of precious metals must be suitably labelled with the mark of a supplier, the marking concerning the standard of fineness and a compliance mark.Articles are marked manually or with laser engraving. A compliance certificate is issued for articles that are so tiny or sensitive that a suitable mark cannot be imprinted on them due to technical reasons.
Traders must provide suitable premises, and separate sale of certain articles of precious metals and other goods. An image of the compliance mark and a table of the standard levels of fineness must be placed on a visible spot at the place where articles are sold. A magnifying glass with which buyers can clearly see the marks on articles must be available.
Conditions and evidence
- Decision on supplier’s marks Compliance mark Fineness mark Suitable premises Minimum technical conditions in specially arranged room in a wholesale outlet Compulsory management of information on merchandise Establishment of working hours Annual payment of the verification costs
- Trade Act
- Precious Metal Products Act
- Order on on manufacturer's mark
- Rules on the contents of the technical documentation produced and maintained by the suppliers of precious metal in ensuring independent compliance with regulations
- Rules on minimum tehnical requirements for performing the trade activity