Insurance agency services
Insurance activity services include the conclusion of insurance contracts in the name and for the account of an insurance company. In addition to the conclusion of contracts, insurance agency services also include activities related to the preparation for the conclusion of an insurance contract, and assistance with the exercise of the rights arising from the contract, especially with the solving of claims addressed to an insurance company.
Insurance agency services may be provided by Insurance agencies with a status of a company or a sole trader pursuant to the Companies Act that have acquired a licence to pursue the activity of insurance agencies.
Insurance agency services may also be provided by other entities if insurance is concluded that is directly related to the main service provided (e.g. forwarding agents and persons performing roadworthiness tests), and if they have acquired a licence to pursue the activity of insurance agencies.
Insurance agencies may only provide insurance agency services, and:
1. services of credit intermediation and brokerage services of investment coupons of mutual funds and other similar financial products if they meet the conditions to provided these services stipulated by law and other regulations which regulate the provision of these services;
2. brokerage services in sale and sale in contingencies of damaged items which belong to the insurance company when solving loss events;
3. implementation of measures to prevent and eliminate threats which pose a risk to insured property and persons;
4. assessment of the exposure level of insurance facility and assessment of damage;
5. provision of other intellectual and technical services related to insurance business;
6. brokerage in concluding insurance business for insurance companies from the same insurance group.
Conditions and evidence
- Status and registration Licence to purse the activity of insurance agencies for insurance agencies Licence to pursue the activity of insurance agencies for companies and sole traders if they conclude insurance that is directly related to the main activity Insurance intermediary