Activity of library information service
The activity of library information service for the exchange of data in the national bibliographic system is intended to provide the conditions for the operation of mutual bibliographic system and accessibility of electronic sources of information in this system.
The tasks of the library information service in the national bibliographic system are as follows:
- coordination of development and operation of a mutual bibliographic system and its services, in its own field of work;
- coordination of development and use of standards of computer support for the needs of a mutual bibliographic system and its services;
- development and maintenance of software for the needs of a mutual bibliographic system and its services;
- establishment of qualification of expert librarians for the cooperation in the mutual cataloguing in cooperation with the national library;
- planning and maintenance of joint computer and communication capacities for the system operation;
- organisation of the offer of data bases electronic forms with a direct access upon the agreement with their producers;
- organisation of expert training and counselling in the field of activity conducted for the national mutual bibliographic system;
- development and counselling works in its field of work;
- preparation of expert foundations in its field of work for the operation of the National Council for Library Services.