Retail of plant protection products
The trade in plant protection products (PPP) may be conducted by distributors which have a permit to conduct the retail of PPS and are entered in the register kept by the by a competent authority and fulfil other prescribed conditions.
Only those plant protection products may be placed on the market and used in the Republic of Slovenia which have:
- a decision on the registration or
- a permit in emergencies or
- a parallel trade permit or
- a research and development permit.
To pursue the trade activity, a retailer must manage data on merchandise, suitably determine opening hours, meet the minimum technical and spatial conditions, and employ at least one commercial manager and one salesperson.
During the sale period, a retailer must provide a mandatory presence of a salesperson and advisor in the field of PPP, keep records and adhere to the prohibition of selling PPP to persons without an adequate training and observe the prohibition of selling very toxic PPP.
In pursuing the activity, the trader must provide a regular verification of measurements – scales used to charge his services.
Conditions and evidence
- Permit for the retail trade in PPP Mandatory presence of the PPP sales person in the specialised store Mandatory presence of the PPP advisor in the specialised store Prohibition of the sale of PPP for professional use to persons without the passed training for PPP management Prohibition of sale of extremely toxic PPP Restrictions of PPP advertising Registration of plant protection products (PPP) Parallel trade permit Minimum technical conditions in a retail outlet Compulsory management of information on merchandise Establishment of working hours