Implementation of occupational medicine
The provider of occupational medicine services is a legal or natural entity who has the permit of the ministry competent for health. Occupational medicine is implemented by the provider of occupational medicine services who, depending on the type of employer's activity and the type as well as the risk level for the occurrence of accidents at work, occupational diseases and work-related diseases, implements especially the following tasks:
- they cooperate at the implementation of expert bases for the safety certificate;
- they perform health examinations of workers;
- they inform workers on risks connected with their job and working environment that can cause functional disorders, diseases or disabilities;
- they monitor and analyse the situation in connection with occupational diseases and work-related diseases, they discover the causes;
- they prepare reports for employers with regard to the findings from the analyses of the health of workers, established at health examinations, analyses of functional disorders, accidents at work, occupational diseases, work-related diseases and work disability. Reports must contain proposals for improving the work process with the purpose of supplementing or upgrading the measures in relation to health at work;
- they cooperate in the process of professional rehabilitation and advise in the selection of other suitable work;
- they cooperate at the preparation of the employer's plan for first aid and cooperate at the training of workers and employer for general and special first aid measures.
During the performance of their tasks, the occupational medicine services provider cooperates with the worker's medical practitioner and executive authorities of the disability and health insurance due to the exchange of data on the health of workers and assistance in establishing the eligibility to temporary or permanent absence from work and assessment of workforce.
A professional worker, who was authorised by the employer to perform professional tasks of safety and health at work and the occupational medicine services provider, must cooperate at the implementation of safety and health at work tasks.