Implementation of professional qualification programmes in the field of ensuring safety and health at work
The goal of professional training and qualification of professional workers is to preserve and update the professional qualification for implementing the tasks, improving the quality of services in the field of safety and health at work, supporting professional and expert development of each professional worker in the field of safety and health at work as well as encouraging life-long learning for work.
The goal of the adapted training of employers and professional workers is to ensure professional qualification for the implementation of tasks and for improving the quality of safety and health at work by actively implementing professional tasks.
Professional workers in the field of safety and health at work have the right and obligation to permanent professional training and qualification according to one of the following programmes:
- professional training programmes that upgrade, increase and extend the knowledge from the education programmes;
- training programmes that enable permanent professional development, updating knowledge, obtaining information on effective safety practices and efficient approaches;
- programmes which a professional worker attends in the Republic of Slovenia or abroad outside the system of programmes under the first two items, and fulfils the goals of professional training and qualification;
- programmes for adapted training of employers as professional workers for those responsible persons at employers who want to take over the performance of professional safety at work tasks.
Training programmes under the second item and adapted training programmes under the fourth item are sent for approval to the minister by the providers of training programmes based on an annual tender that publishes the programme sets for training programmes and adapted training programmes. Data on programme sets, target group, topics with determined contents, lecturers and data on the place, time and duration of the programme must be indicated in accordance with the tender documentation.
Training programmes under the third item are sent by the providers of training at any time for approval to the minister based on the application. The application for the approval of training programmes must also comprise data on the programme set, target group, topics with determined contents, data about lecturers, data about the place, time and duration of the programme.
Training courses under the second, third and fourth items are implemented by legal entities.
The programme provider issues a confirmation on participation to the programme participant after fulfilling all obligations.
Conditions and evidence
- Status and registration Approval of training programmes and adjusted training on the basis of a tender or application
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Rules on permits for performing safety at work related tasks
- Rules on certification examinations in health and safety at work
- Rules on the criteria to be met by safety professionals
- Rules on regular updating of skills and training in the field of safety and health at work