Whole-day institutional care of the elderly
Whole-day (24-hour) institutional care of the elderly entails basic care, social care and health care of the elderly in nursing homes.
Basic care entails the residence, meals organisation, technical care and transport.
Social care is a professionally managed activity, intended for implementing the contents of social prevention, therapy and guiding the persons entitled to institutional care. It includes the implementation of care tasks, special care forms and guidance tasks.
Health care is implemented in accordance with the regulations in the field of health care.
The users of this service are:
- persons older than 65 years who due to their age or age-related symptoms are not capable of independent life;
- persons with moderate age and health problems who need a greater scope of direct personal assistance;
- persons with major long-term mental health problems who due to age dementia or similar conditions need partial or complete personal assistance and supervision;
- persons with the most demanding age and health problems who need complete direct personal assistance, i.e.:
- persons, who need direct personal assistance for performing all basic life necessities
- the most handicapped persons
The procedure of service implementation comprises initial provision of information, implementation of the procedure with regard to admission, content preparation for the admission of the beneficiary, signing of the agreement on service implementation and the preparation of the individual plan, accommodation and implementation of service and its termination.
Daily institutional care of the elderly activity is implemented by nursing homes, i.e.:
- public social care institutions of other legal or natural entity, which have acquired the necessary work permit or
- other legal or natural entities who have acquired the concession for implementing a public service.
Social care activity is a non-profit activity.
Conditions and evidence
- Work permit Consent of the competent authority to the service price Entry in the register of the providers of social security services or concessionaires Provision of health care Management of databases Written reporting to the competent authority on all facts and occurrences that may affect the implementation of the service Submission of the annual report Separate monitoring of business operations Concession for performing public services Consent of the competent authority to the service price Entry in the register of the providers of social security services or concessionaires Provision of health care Management of databases Written reporting to the competent authority on all facts and occurrences that may affect the implementation of the service Submission of the annual report Separate monitoring of business operations
- Social Security Act
- Rules on concessions in the field of social assistance
- Rules on the engagement in the provision of social services on the basis of a work permit and entry into the register
- Rules on the standards and norms for social services
- Resolution on the national social assistance programme 2013-2020