Mobile social assistance for persons with mental and physical disorders
Mobile assistance is a type of professional assistance at home, which ensures professional treatment at home to persons with mental and physical disorders. It depends on the needs of treated persons and is also intended for their relatives. It involves tasks and the procedures for the correction of disorders as well as counselling and therapeutic work. It is intended especially for special pedagogical consideration, social and psychological consideration and employment.
The persons entitled to mobile assistance are children, adolescents and adults with moderate, severe or profound mental and physical disorder. This type of service enables them guidance, care and employment under special conditions or institutional care and where this care enables the mitigation of their condition or the preservation of acquired knowledge and skills.
Procedure and duration:
mobile assistance is professional work focused on the person that needs such care. It involves a professional worker, person who is entitled to care and their family members, relatives and custodians.
Professional preparation for the implementation of the service with case analysis, team consideration and agreements with process participants on average takes five hours. The implementation of the service includes:
- special educational needs teacher – 8 hours per month;
- social worker – 2 hours per work;
- psychologist – two hours per month.
Mobile assistance is implemented according to the methods of professional work of the service provider with the individual and family at the home.
the service is provided by professional workers with three-year’s experience in working with persons with developmental disorders.
Supervision and education:
the service also includes professional education and supervision, which are organised according to the following principle: supervision consultations x hours per 180 treatments, professional education: in the scope determined by the branch collective agreement.
Conditions and evidence
- Work permit Consent of the municipality to the service price Informing the competent ministry on the issued consent to the service price Entry in the register of the providers of social security services or concessionaires Management of databases Written reporting to the competent authority on all facts and occurrences that may affect the implementation of the service Submission of the annual report Separate monitoring of business operations Concession for performing public services Consent of the municipality to the service price Entry in the register of the providers of social security services or concessionaires Management of databases Written reporting to the competent municipality on all facts and occurrences that may affect the implementation of the service Submission of the annual report Separate monitoring of business operations
- Social Security Act
- Rules on concessions in the field of social assistance
- Rules on the engagement in the provision of social services on the basis of a work permit and entry into the register
- Rules on the standards and norms for social services
- Resolution on the national social assistance programme 2013-2020
- Collective agreement for health and social protection of Slovenia