Personal social aid
Personal social aid encompasses counselling, arrangement and guidance with the aim of enabling an individual to develop, supplement, retain and improve their social abilities:
- counselling is an organised form of professional assistance to an individual in situation-related social distress and problems which the individual cannot or is not able to resolve by themselves, but they are prepared to change their behaviour, search for appropriate solutions and arrange the relations with other persons in the social environment.
- Arrangement is a form of professional assistance to an individual in social distress and problems due to personality or behavioural peculiarities, whereby they endanger other persons, too. The cooperation of key factors in the wider environment is necessary for successful assistance.
- Guidance is a form of support to an individual who has due to mental disorder, mental disease or other personality issues temporarily or permanently incapable of living independently.
the service is implemented according to the principles of the counselling process, providing advices and guidance, negotiations and support offering techniques. We also use group forms of counselling, and we also work with communities in guidance and arrangement.
The procedures in connection to counselling encompass: the determination of the problem and the conclusion of a counselling agreement; guiding the beneficiary in learning social relations, their reactions, methods of confrontation and methods of cooperation and negotiations in conflict resolution; training the beneficiary for social learning and changing relationships in the environment and the evaluation of the counselling process in the form of changing the relationship between the counsellor and the beneficiary from an assistance relationship to a cooperation relationship.
The procedures in connection to arrangement encompass: the determination of goals and the conclusion of an arrangement agreement; an agreement on cooperation with key environmental factors; assistance of the professional at transforming the negative experience of the beneficiary with the environment; transforming negative experience in positive motivation; including the environment into active changing of relationships with the beneficiary; the evaluation of the achieved results and possible determination of new, higher goals and the inclusion of the beneficiary in organised forms of self-help.
The procedures in connection to guidance encompass: an agreement with the holders of the social network for regular and permanent care with the consent of the beneficiary; presenting to the beneficiary all professional and lay workers who will cooperate with that person; the determination of the institution that will manage the activities or guide all workers; stimulating the cooperation of the beneficiary in planning and the implementation of individual activities relevant for their life in connection with people whom this person trusts and who are close to that person; ensuring guidance on the level that is rational for the beneficiary and which ensures the use of other possibilities and semi-annual work evaluation, presenting the basis for further talks.
personal assistance as counselling prior to concluding an agreement entails three hours of discussions, whereas one discussion is held at the home of the beneficiary. Further discussions and actions are implemented according to agreed schedule including single monthly meetings which last 90 minutes each. Weekly meetings that last 60 minutes are also possible. The counselling cycle comprises maximum 10 meetings or 25 hours in average.
Personal assistance in the form of arrangement prior to the conclusion of the agreement encompasses three hours of discussion. The procedures for the preparation of cooperation of key environment factors take five hours in average. Further work is implemented according to agreed in advance scheduled and schemes and entails single monthly meetings with the beneficiary that take 60 minutes each and with environment factors that take 45 minutes each. Maximum 10 such meetings or 20 hours in average can be organised within an arrangement cycle. The cycle can be repeated.
Personal assistance in the form of guidance comprises three hours of introductory preparation for forming an agreement on cooperation and the presentations of co-workers or volunteers, eight hours for organising an effective social network of the service providers, four hours monthly for providing and monitoring guidance goals, 2 hours for each evaluation that is performed twice a year.
In 12 months, the service cycle takes 55 hours in average and can be repeated. If the cycle is repeated, we renew the agreements with the beneficiary and the co-workers in the network, which takes 2 hours.
Supervision and education:
The service also includes professional education and supervision, which are organised according to the following principle:
- supervision consultations: 10 hours per 50 services in the form of counselling, 45 services in the form of arrangement or 40 services in the form of guidance;
- professional education: in the scope determined by the branch collective agreement.
Conditions and evidence
- Work permit Consent of the competent authority to the service price Entry in the register of the providers of social security services or concessionaires Management of databases Written reporting to the competent authority on all facts and occurrences that may affect the implementation of the service Submission of the annual report Separate monitoring of business operations Concession for performing public services Consent of the competent authority to the service price Entry in the register of the providers of social security services or concessionaires Management of databases Written reporting to the competent authority on all facts and occurrences that may affect the implementation of the service Submission of the annual report Separate monitoring of business operations
- Social Security Act
- Rules on concessions in the field of social assistance
- Rules on the engagement in the provision of social services on the basis of a work permit and entry into the register
- Rules on the standards and norms for social services
- Resolution on the national social assistance programme 2013-2020
- Collective agreement for health and social protection of Slovenia