Production of seed units of agricultural plants
The production of seed units refers to the production of seed units of agricultural plant by reproduction or other procedures generally established for an individual agricultural plant species
Only suppliers entered in the register of suppliers may carry out the production of seed units of agricultural plants.
Species of agricultural plants are:
- crops: cereals, forage plants, forage and sugar beet, oil and fibre plants, potato;
- fruit plants,
- ornamental plants.
Agricultural plant seed includes seed, whole plants or their parts (tubers, bulbs, rootstocks, cuttings, shoots, bases, grafts and other), if they are intended for:
- reproduction and recultivation of seed units of agricultural plants or
- sowing or planting for the production of agricultural plants.
The seed units of species entered in the national variety list or common catalogue of varieties of the European Union may be produced.
A supplier must provide that the seed units of agricultural plants fulfil specific conditions and requirements during the production.
A supplier who produces seed units of a specific species of agricultural plant as officially confirmed must provide that a competent authority carries out the procedure of official confirmation of these seed units.
Additional official supervision is carried out over suppliers pursuing the activity of the production of reproduction material.
Conditions and evidence
- Status and registration Entry in the register of suppliers Obligations of the registered suppliers Decision on the entry of a variety in the national variety list, inclusion of a variety in the common catalogue of varieties of the European Union Official confirmation of seed units of agricultural plants Fulfilment of requirements of health status, variety and quality of agricultural material
- Agricultural Seeds and Propagating Material Act
- Rules concerning the register of propagating material of agricultural plant producers
- Rules on the marketing of cereal seed
- Rules on the marketing of fodder plant seed and beet seed
- Rules on the marketing of oil and fibre plant seeds
- Rules on the marketing of vegetable seeds
- Rules on the marketing of vegetable propagation and planting material other than seeds
- Rules on the marketing of fruit plant propagating material and of fruit plants intended for fruit production
- Rules on the marketing of propagating material of ornamental plants
- Rules on the marketing of material for the vegetative propagation of vine
- Rules on the marketing of hop propagating and planting material
- Rules on the production and marketing of seed of conservation varieties and varieties developed for growing under particular conditions