Education in the fields livestock farming
Training and professional updating of skills is intended for:
- the caretakers of animals,
- holders of animals for performing zoo-technical tasks,
- providers of professional tasks in livestock farming (controllers, selectors, senior controllers, assessors of domestic animals, etc.),
- providers of the most difficult professional tasks in livestock farming (managing the implementation of breeding programmes,
- forecasting the breeding values of domestic animals, testing procedures), and insemination providers.
The main purpose of the training programme for animal caretakers is mainly to acquire basic knowledge in the field of animal care.
The programme intended for the holders of animals encompasses the training for performing zoo-technical tasks with regard to various species of animals.
The programme for the updating of professional skills for the providers of professional tasks encompasses the upgrading, expanding, and broadening of knowledge for the purpose of implementing breeding programmes. The training for the providers of professional tasks and for the providers of the most difficult professional tasks in livestock farming is carried out every five years and is concluded by means of a final exam.
The training programme is intended for insemination providers; its purpose is to acquire suitable training for performing insemination. The provider of the training for the providers of insemination is the National Veterinary Institute at the seats of its regional branch offices.
On the basis of a confirmation of the suitability of the programme by the relevant competent authority, the provider may carry out professional training in livestock farming. The provider is obligated to issue certificates concerning the exam and certificates concerning participation, and keep records concerning completed training.