Private medical practice
Medical practice is performed at primary, secondary and tertiary levels.
Medical practice at the primary level includes basic medical practice and pharmaceutical activity; at the secondary level, it includes practice in specialised outpatients clinics and hospitals; at the tertiary level, it includes practice performed by clinics, clinical institutes or clinical departments and other authorised health-care institutions.
Secondary and tertiary level medical practice also includes public health activity and activities related to public health, environment and food.
Conditions and evidence
Before performing occasional or part-time medical service for the first time, the provider of the service must report this to the ministry responsible for health care. Before services are performed for the first time, the professional qualification of services is verified for professions which influence human health and safety.
These professions are:
- medical biochemist specialist,
- clinical psychologist,
- sanitary engineer,
- occupational therapist,
- radiological engineer,
- specialist for speech-language pathologist,
- physical therapist,
- laboratory biomedicine engineer,
- orthotist and prosthetist,
- pharmaceutical technician,
- nursing care technician,
- laboratory technician,
- dental technician.
- Health Services Act
- List of professions of healthcare workers and co-workers
- Rules on the requirements to be met by the persons engaged in private health activities
- Rules on keeping the register of private health care workers
- Rules on traineeships and professional examination of health and allied health professionals in healthcare services
- Rules concerning curriculum and requirements of the phramacists' specialization programmes
- Rules on the specialization in the field of medical biochemistry
- Rules on the specialisation of medical and non-medical professionals
- Rules on the register and licences of nursing and midwifery providers
- Rules on professional training activites of health workers and co-workers
- Rules on the register and the licensing of operators physiotherapy activities
- Order on the List of health care providers that have to be entered in the register
- Rules on designation of professions for which will be examined professional qualification of tender, before first performing of services