Production of cosmetic products
Only cosmetic products for which a responsible legal entity or individual has been assigned can be placed on the market.
In order to produce cosmetic products, it is necessary to report the activity and the cosmetic products, and the production must be performed in accordance with the principles of good production practice, while documentation with information about the cosmetic product kept by the responsible person must always be available. It is also necessary to provide conditions regarding adequate labelling, public information and to give timely notification of serious side effects.
Conditions and evidence
- Status and registration Notification of the activity Notification of a cosmetic product Good manufacturing practice Appropriate labelling of cosmetic products Appropriate designations on products Reporting on adverse effects
ImportantThe procedure of reporting of a cosmetic product is the same in all EU Member States
- REGULATION (EC) No 1223 /2009 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 30 November 2009 on cosmetic products
- Decree on iimplementing Regulation (EC) on cosmetic products
- Rules on cosmetic product sampling and laboratory testing
- FIRST COMMISSION DIRECTIVE of 22 December 1980 on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to methods of analysis necessary for checking the composition of cosmetic products