Activity of electricity market operator
The activity of electricity market operator is a mandatory public utility service. The electricity market operator enables all participants on the electricity market to actively operate.
The tasks of the public utility service include:
- managing the balance scheme for the electricity market;
- keeping a record of contracts on membership in the balance scheme, operational forecasts and closed contracts;
- managing the electricity balancing market;
- implementation of activities of the Centre for RES/CHP support;
- implementation of balance calculation;
- implementation of calculation and settlement of deals related to the tasks referred to in the previous indents;
- collection, analysis and publication of data for the purpose of ensuring the transparency of electricity market operations.
It is necessary to be registered and obtain a concession in order to perform the activity of the electricity market operator.
Conditions and evidence
ImportantCross-border performance of activity is possible if the subject fulfils all the prescribed conditions.
Responsible: Ministry of Infrastructure | Last updated: 18. 12. 2015