Private vocational education with state-approved programmes
Primary vocational education is gained in a study programme for primary vocational education when a final examination is passed.
Secondary vocational education is gained in a study programme for secondary vocational education when a final examination is passed.
The objective of vocational education is to:
- to provide knowledge, skills and professional abilities which are needed to perform the occupation and the continuation of education on an internationally comparable level;
- encourage lifelong learning;
- educate for sustainable development;
- develop independent critical judgment and responsible behaviour;
- develop the ability to understand and communicate in the Slovenian language, and in areas defined as nationally mixed, also in the Italian and Hungarian language;
- raise awareness about individual integrity;
- develope awareness about nationality and national identity and knowledge about the history of Slovenia and its culture;
- educate students to be responsible in protecting freedom, to coexist tolerantly and peacefully and to respect fellow human beings;
- develop and preserve Slovenia’s cultural tradition and teach about other cultures and civilisations;
- enable inclusion in the European division of labour;
- develop a readiness to establish a free democratic and socially just state;
- raise awareness about responsibility for the natural environment and personal health;
- develop awareness about the rights and responsibilities of persons and citizens;
- develop talents, the ability to experience works of art and the ability to express oneself artistically.
Conditions and evidence
- Status and registration Entry in the register of providers of publicly valid education and training programmes Name of the institution Language of instruction Financing Seal Textbooks Library Practical training Annual work plan Quality assurance Data record management Personal data protection