Private primary music education
The objectives and tasks in education in a music school are:
- to discover and develop musical and dance talents;
- help develop a personality and systemic improvement of the level of musical education of the population;
- reach an adequate level of knowledge and gaining experience to start participating in amateur instrumental ensembles, orchestras, choirs and dance groups;
- gain knowledge for continuing musical and dance education;
- enable artistic experience and expression;
- enable the personal development of students in accordance with their abilities and developmental laws;
- educate about general cultural and civilised values which originate from the European tradition;
- educate about mutual tolerance, respect for differences and cooperation with others;
- ensure the transfer of national and general human heritage and the development of national consciousness;
- educate for a multicultural society, while developing and maintaining Slovenia’s cultural and natural heritage.
Pre-school children, primary school students, secondary school students, apprentices, college and higher education students and adults can be educated in a music school under the conditions determined by educational programmes for primary musical and dance education.
Conditions and evidence
- Status and registration Entry in the register of providers of publicly valid education and training programmes Name of the institution Language of instruction Curriculum and syllabus Seal Textbooks Library Annual work plan Music school publication Financing Database management Personal data protection
ImportantPrivate nurseries and schools may be established by foreign individuals or legal entities, which must fulfil the same conditions as domestic individuals or legal entities.
- Organization and Financing of Education Act
- Music Schools Act
- Rules on the publication of the music school
- Rules on the Management of the List of Operators of the State-Recognized Educational Programmes
- Rules on the teaching certification examination
- Rules on traineeship for professionals in education