Technical inspector of active fire protection
The inspecting and testing of a built-in active fire safety system may only be performed by a technical inspector, stated on the authorisation granted by the inspection provider.
The technical inspector must pass required tests and meet the following conditions:
- the inspector passed a professional test in the electro technical field or in mechanical engineering according to construction regulations;
- passed the general and special part of the professional test in fire protection;
- passed professional test in health and safety at work;
- a minimum of five years of work experience as the responsible project designer in designing installation systems for active fire protection or as a technical inspector of the installed active fire protection systems;
- meeting conditions for occasional work in explosive facilities due to the danger of working in explosive facilities;
- in the past two years, the inspector completed professional training in at least three installed active fire protection systems.
A technical inspector with the authorisation for responsible designing of fire safety, registered in the Slovenian Chamber of Engineers, does not have to pass a fire protection test.