Plant protection product (PPP) adviser
Distributors carrying out the PPP retail trade must conclude a working or contractual relationship with at least one PPP adviser who fulfils the prescribed conditions and must be present in a specialised PPP store for the predetermined period of at least 6 hours per week.
A PPP adviser carries out the following tasks:
- advises on the method of plant protection against pests;
- recognises the symptoms of the disease and pests as well as types of weed;
- advises a suitable PPP or other method for plant protection according to the forecasts of plant protection monitoring and forecast service and general conditions of integrated plant protection;
- advises and promotes the application of non-chemical methods;
- advises on the methods of safe PPP application and managing of PPP, spray broth, package and residue, and
- advises on the application of personal protection equipment.
A PPP adviser must have suitable education and passed training to acquire a certificate with the validity of three years. After expiry of this period the validity may be extended, if the PPP adviser participates in further training.