Mentor in sport
A mentor is an individual who guides and manages a trainee during internship. The tasks of the mentor are:
- preparation of the internship programme;
- counselling the trainee in the implementation of tasks to perform;
- counselling the trainee on the selection of professional literature and other sources for individual study;
- cooperation with the provider of internship and other holders of tasks determined with the internship programme, counselling the trainee in the planning;
- organisation and implementation of practical performances;
- preparation of the report on the trainee's qualification for independent performance of work;
- other tasks connected to internship.
A mentor can progress and receive titles consultant and councillor. The acquired titles mentor, consultant and councillor are permanent.
Responsible: Ministry of Education, Science and Sport | Last updated: 03. 08. 2016