A train manager is an adult who is professionally trained for performing the tasks of a train manager, who has adequate education and is fit for the job in terms of physical condition and language skills.
A train manager is responsible or the following tasks:
- performing the tasks of a shunting team manager,
- switch list,
- inspecting the conformity of the load on freight carriages,
- inspecting vehicles in the train set,
- performing brake tests,
- reporting on the formation and braking of the train,
- supervising the driving of the train and the work of the train staff.