Dean of university member
The dean of a university member has authorisations and responsibilities in accordance with the act of incorporation, is a professional manager of the member of the university and performs the following tasks:
- harmonises education, scientific and research, art and other work;
- cares and is responsible for the legality of work;
- monitors, establishes and assures the quality of the university member, study programmes, scientific and research, art and professional work and the preparation of the annual report on quality (self-evaluation of the member);
- reports to the member's senate and chancellor at least once a year;
- performs other tasks in accordance with the law, other regulations and general acts of the university.
A dean of the university member or independent higher education institution can be appointed if they are employed as a higher education teacher.
A dean of the university member is appointed by the chancellor upon the proposal of the senate or professional council of the university member.
A dean of a higher education institution that is not a member of the university, is a management authority and professional manager of the institution.