Determined working hours
The hospitality services provider determines the working hours of the hospitality facility independently in accordance with their business interests and by considering the provisions below. If several units operate within the scope of one hospitality facility, which independently perform the hospitality activity (e.g. hotel restaurant), the hospitality services provider reports the working hours for each unit.
The hospitality services provider or farmer determines regular working hours with regard to the type of the hospitality facility (farm):
- hospitality facilities that offer guests accommodation and the units of these facilities (e.g. hotel restaurants) and farms with accommodation: from 0:00 to 24:00;
- restaurants, inns, cafés and tourist farms from 6:00 to 2:00 of the following day;
- confectioneries, bars, wine cellars from 6:00 to midnight;
- food preparation and delivery facilities from 0:00 to 24:00 or with regard to orders;
- hospitality facilities in casinos from 0:00 to 24:00 or during their operations.
Hospitality facilities which only offer food and drinks, can operate in buildings with residential apartments and in facilities on a residential areas and tourist farms on such areas from 6:00 to 22:00. This also applies for those accommodation units of hospitality facilities that perform their activity outside the closed premises (gardens, hotel terraces etc.).
If the hospitality facility or farm performs a hospitality activity outside the working hours, it is considered that they operate in the extended working hours. A hospitality services provider or farmer can operate in extended working hours if they acquire a written consent of the municipality's authority that is competent for hospitality.
The working hours must be reported for the unit to the competent authority of the municipality 15 days before:
- the start of the new calendar year for the next calendar year (if there are changes of basic data about the hospitality facility or farm),
- the start of operations and
- the change of working hours.
Working hours are reported on a form. The competent authority at the municipality approves the application and then returns the confirmed form to the hospitality services provider or farmer in 15 days, keeps one copy for the archive and sends the other copy to the branch unit of the competent market inspectorate.
The working hours must be displayed at a visible site at the entry in the hospitality facility. The notification on temporary closure of a hospitality facility (if planned, at least seven days in advance) must be displayed in the same way. The hospitality services provider must keep the confirmed working hours at the facility, so that it is accessible to the inspection.
The competent authority at the municipality sends the hospitality services provider confirmed schedule, which the hospitality services provider must keep it at the facility, so that it is accessible to the inspection.