Keeping records and reporting
A chimney sweep must submit to the ministry via the web application information on small combustion installations and chimney sweeping services provided.
To submit the information, the chimney sweep must obtain a user name and password from the Ministry of Agriculture and the Environment, which will facilitate access to forms for the submission of the information, and upgrade his or her computer software with modules to create reports with information on small combustion installations and chimney sweeping services provided.
The chimney sweep must protect the password and file for performing transactions with a safe electronic signature as a business secret, and keep them in a way that prevents unauthorised persons from using them.
Entry in the register of combustion installations:
- The concession operator submits to the ministry a request to be entered in the register of combustion installations if it has been established on the basis of the first inspection of the combustion installation and related flue ducts, ventilation devices and auxiliary installations that with normal use, there is no danger of a fire or poisoning by carbon monoxide as a result of fuel combustion, or that other emissions of substances into the air do not exceed the prescribed limit values.
- The register of combustion installations includes the following information:
- the type of combustion installation and manufacturer, or type of combustion installation;
- the effective rated output, type of fuel which it uses, and the year of the combustion installation's manufacture;
- identification information from the building cadastre on the building in which the combustion installation is located;
- the surface of residential or business premises the combustion installation heats;
- a description of ventilation devices, flue ducts and auxiliary installations used for the operation of the small combustion installation.
Reports on the provision of chimney sweeping services
- primarily include information on:
- complaints of users of chimney sweeping services and their solutions;
- rejections of chimney sweeping services by their users;
- damage events;
- changed conditions of performing the concession agreement;
- utilisation of insurance;
- all other circumstances which may directly or indirectly influence the performance of the concession agreement.
Reporting in the register on inspections and cleaning of combustion installations, and related flue ducts, ventilation devices and auxiliary installations performed, register of inspections and cleaning of ventilation devices performed, and register of measurements of emission of substances into the air from small combustion installations:
- the concession operator must keep records of his or her service on small combustion installations, flue ducts, ventilation devices and auxiliary installations, and records of the measurements performed regarding emissions of substances into the air from small combustion installations. From these records, he or she must submit the following information on chimney sweeping services provided within 15 days of the calculation period:
- inspections and cleaning of combustion installations and related flue ducts, ventilation devices and auxiliary installations;
- inspections and cleaning of ventilation devices;
- measurements of emissions of substances into the air from small combustion installations.