Professional training for the post of an engine driver on industrial siding
Professional training for the post of an engine driver on industrial siding comprises theoretical and practical training.
Theoretical training includes:
- knowledge on the provisions from the Rules on the signalling-safety devices,
- knowledge on the provisions from the Traffic Rules,
- handling in the event of a serious accident, an accident or an incident,
- knowledge on the provisions from the Rules on brakes, safety devices, special devices and equipment of railway vehicles.
Practical training includes:
- training in occupational health and safety, based on the risk assessment;
- a training in fire safety;
- familiarisation with operative regulations from the safety management system;
- supervised work, where the candidate is trained under the supervision of an instructor to perform all the work he will perform independently as an engine driver on industrial siding and where he familiarises himself with the industrial siding and the station siding, including all the devices and equipment installed; and
- passing a practical exam before the commission appointed by the employer.
After successfully passing the first practical engine driver examination he is issued a certificate from the employer.
In order to obtain the next certificate the engine driver must only complete the practical training by passing a practical exam.
Certificate of the
passed examination of theoretical competence
of completed practical examination