The goal of professional training and qualification of professional workers is to preserve and update the professional qualification for implementing the tasks, improving the quality of services in the field of safety and health at work, supporting professional and expert development of each professional worker in the field of safety and health at work as well as encouraging life-long learning for work.
The goal of the adapted training of employers is to ensure professional qualification for the implementation of tasks and for improving the quality of safety and health at work by actively implementing professional tasks.
Professional workers in the field of safety and health at work have the right and obligation to permanent professional training and qualification according to one of the following programmes:
- professional training programmes that upgrade, increase and extend the knowledge from the education programmes;
- training programmes that enable permanent professional development, updating knowledge, obtaining information on effective safety practices and efficient approaches;
- programmes which a professional worker attends in the Republic of Slovenia or abroad outside the system of programmes under the first two items, and fulfils the goals of professional training and qualification.
A participant may file an application with the competent minster to confirm the programme referred to in the third paragraph. The application for confirmation shall include the information on the programme bundle, information on target groups, topic with the definition of content, information on the lecturers or holder and the information on the place, time and duration of the programme.
The programmes of the adapted training of employers as professional workers last eight hours and comprise the following programme bundles in particular:
- review of regulations in the field of safety and health at work;
- risk assessment;
- providing information to workers;
- training of workers in safety and health at work;
- registration and record-keeping of documentation;
- prevention of psycho-social risks and;
- cooperation with the provider of occupational medicine.
By participating in programmes of professional training that provide a constant professional development, updating of knowledge, obtaining information on effective safety practices and efficient approaches and after completing all obligations from individual programme, the professional worker obtains the right to points which prove his qualification to carry out specific professional tasks.
The programmes are awarded points in the following way:
- training programmes lasting from 4 to 8 hours – 8 points;
- training programmes lasting from 8 to 16 hours – 12 points;
- training programmes lasting from 16 to 24 hours – 20 points.
Notwithstanding their duration, the programmes of professional training are awarded 50 points.
After the participant to the programme completes all obligations, the provider of the programme issues him the confirmation on participation at training.
- Confirmation on participation
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Rules on permits for performing safety at work related tasks
- Rules on regular updating of skills and training in the field of safety and health at work
- Rules on certification examinations in health and safety at work
- Rules on the criteria to be met by safety professionals