Education and training
Education comprises the inclusion in certified education programmes.
Training comprises the inclusion in certified programmes for performing new, supplementing work tasks and for acquiring additional knowledge for performing existing work tasks in social security.
Workers must participate in professional trainings, i.e.:
- workers with high professional education must be trained at least 10 days per year or minimum 30 days per every three years,
- workers with higher professional education at least 20 days per every three years,
- workers with secondary professional education who have jobs where they perform services for users or institutionalised persons at least 14 days per every three years,
- workers with jobs in 1st to 4th tariff group at least one day per every three years for jobs in the 1st tariff group, at least two days per every three years for jobs in the 2nd tariff group, at least three days per every three years for job in the 3rd tariff group and at least four days per every three years for jobs in the 4th tariff group if appropriate education programmes are organised for such jobs and when the programmes refer to the work process needs.
Workers are professionally trained:
- by performing practical work at other jobs in the institution where they work, i.e. for acquiring new knowledge or expanding their professional knowledge,
- with practical work in appropriately professionally organised organisations or institutions where they can acquire new knowledge or expand their professional knowledge,
- at courses,
- congresses and symposiums.
Professional training also entails the participation of workers at international professional meetings. The provider of social security services sends their workers with higher or high education for professional training abroad when such training is not possible in domestic organisations. The provider of service can refer the worker for professional training abroad also if they have secondary education if this is required by the institution's specific needs.
The organisers of permanent professional training programmes together with the Social Chamber of Slovenia to all participants issue a confirmation on participation and collaboration in the programme.
Worker who has been professionally trained at a course or seminar is obliged to submit the confirmation on the form and duration of the training after it is completed, in cases when professional training includes practical work, the training organiser sends the referring organisation a written evaluation of the worker's training.