Ensuring chemical safety
Legal entities and natural persons meeting the prescribed conditions for producing, storing and trading in chemicals and anyone using or handling them must ensure chemical safety.
A legal entity or a natural person producing or placing hazardous chemicals on the market must:
- provide instructions on the safe use of the hazardous chemical;
- ensure the disposal of waste as per regulations on waste;
- be liable for all damage which may occur during their production or trading in accordance with special regulations.
All users of hazardous chemicals must be informed upon their purchase about the hazardous properties of the chemical. Suitable clarifications on the correct use of the chemical, measures for the protection of health and the environment and handling of their residues must be available at the users’ request.
- REGULATION (EC) No 1272/2008 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 16 December 2008 on classification, labelling and packaging of substances and mixtures, amending and repealing Directives 67/548/EEC and 1999/45/EC, and amending Regulation (E
- Chemicals Act
- Rules on user information, register and the specific requirements for trade in dangerous chemicals