Decision on the recognition of professional qualifications
A decision on the recognition of professional qualifications gives an individual permission to pursuit a regulated profession in the Republic of Slovenia.
If the competent authority establishes significant differences between the individual's training and national training, it imposes a supplementary measure on him/her, i.e. certification examination or an adaptation period which may last up to three years.
The individual has the right to pursue a regulated profession from the date of finality of the decision on the recognition of professional qualifications.
Within eight days of the date of finality of the decision on the recognition of professional qualifications, the competent authority enters the individual in the ZAPS or IZS register. By being entered in the register, the individual becomes a member of the Chamber with all member's rights and obligations.
If the profession in the country of establishment is not regulated, the service provider must provide services he/she wishes to provide in the Republic of Slovenia in this country uninterruptedly or totally for at least two years within the period of the last ten years, prior to commencing providing the services in the Republic of Slovenia.
An identity card and a unified stamp are issued only at the applicant's explicit request.
Application dossier ali application for marketing authorization
Annex to application
- Evidence of payment of costs for the issue of the decision
- Evidence of work experience
- Certificate that the provider may provide services
- Certificate of professional qualifications acquired in the country of origin
- Evidence of education
- Evidence of the content and course of training, which includes the duration of the study programme and curriculum which must show the number of hours or credit points for individual subjects
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of damage liability insurance
- Rules on the Recognition Procedure for professional Qualifications of Citizens of EU Member States, the European Economic Area and Swiss Confederation Relating to Access to Regulated Professions and Services in the Republic of Slovenia
- Act Regulating the Procedure for Recognition of Professional Qualifications for Practising Regulated Professions or Professional Activities in the Republic of Slovenia for Nationals of the EU Member States, European Economic Area and Swiss Confederation
- Construction Act
- Judicial remedy: Administrative dispute
- Administrative silence: Procedures concerning the temporary pursuit of regulated profession do NOT include the provisions of the Act on the Recognition of Professional Qualifications on the presumption that in case of a public authority’s failure to respond, an individual may pursuit a regulated profession in the Republic of Slovenia.