Decision on the recognition of professional qualifications under the title of a lawyer by taking into account work experience in the Republic of Slovenia
A lawyer from another EU Member State is entered in the register of foreign lawyers who may practice the profession of lawyer in the Republic of Slovenia under the professional title from their home Member State if the lawyer submits the following:
- certificate of the insurance of professional liability;
- proof of nationality;
- the person is trustworthy in respect of the practice of the profession of lawyer;
- registration certificate with a competent authority of the home Member State and certificates of potential memberships of law firms in the home Member State or any other Member State.
Certificates must be no older than three months and must be submitted as a certified translation into the Slovenian language.
The Slovenian Bar Association will decide on the entry in the register of foreign lawyers, which also notifies the competent authority of the lawyer's home Member State.
A lawyer who has been entered in the register of foreign lawyers under the aforementioned conditions must actually practice the profession of lawyer regularly, and use the professional title from his or her home Member State expressed in the language of the home Member State, noting also the authority with which the lawyer was registered in the home Member State.
The lawyer may perform the following tasks:
- give legal advice on the legislation of his or her home Member State;
- give legal advice on EU legislation;
- give legal advice on international law and Slovenian legislation.
Regardless of the aforementioned conditions, lawyers who have been actually and regularly practicing the profession of lawyer under the professional title from their home Member States for at least three years may be entered in the register of foreign lawyers who may practice the profession of lawyer in the republic of Slovenia under the title of lawyer.
Conditions and proofs
Application dossier ali application for marketing authorization
Annex to application