Decision on the recognition of professional qualification – IZS without register
A decision on the recognition of professional qualifications gives an individual permission to pursue a regulated profession in the Republic of Slovenia.
If the authority establishes significant differences between the individual's training and national training, it imposes a supplementary measure on him/her, i.e. certification examination or an adaptation period, which may last up to three years.
The individual has the right to pursue a regulated profession from the date of the decision on the recognition of professional qualifications.
If the profession in the country of establishment is not regulated, the service provider must provide services he/she wishes to provide in the Republic of Slovenia in this country uninterruptedly or totally for at least two years within the period of the last ten years, before starting to provide the services in the Republic of Slovenia.
Conditions and proofs
- Citizenship Suitable education and work experience Appropriate vocational qualification in the country of origin Professional liability insurance
- Rules on the Recognition Procedure for professional Qualifications of Citizens of EU Member States, the European Economic Area and Swiss Confederation Relating to Access to Regulated Professions and Services in the Republic of Slovenia
- Act Regulating the Procedure for Recognition of Professional Qualifications for Practising Regulated Professions or Professional Activities in the Republic of Slovenia for Nationals of the EU Member States, European Economic Area and Swiss Confederation
- Construction Act
- Judicial remedy: Administrative dispute
- Administrative silence: Procedures concerning the temporary pursuit of a regulated profession do NOT include the provisions of the Act on the recognition of professional qualifications on the presumption that in case of a public authority’s failure to respond, an individual may pursuit a regulated profession in the Republic of Slovenia.