Recognition of qualifications acquired abroad
Citizens of the Member States of the European Union, the European Economic Area and the Swiss Confederation or countries which have signed a suitable international agreement may perform a profession in the Republic of Slovenia under the same conditions as Slovenian citizens.
Citizens who wish to have a permanent professional position must acquire a decision on the recognition of professional qualification from the competent ministry.
The procedure for the recognition of professional qualification is initiated at the request of the applicant, who files a written application at the competent authority.
Within the scope of the procedure, the competent authority may request the opinion of the competent chamber or organisation, otherwise, the competent authority may issue a decision without such an opinion. The issue of the decision is not bound by the opinion.
The competent ministry in the procedure compares the written documentation of applicant's professional qualifications with the professional qualifications required by regulations of the Republic of Slovenia to perform a regulated profession or activity.
If, based on this comparison, the competent ministry assesses that the applicant's professional qualifications are not appropriate, the authority issues a temporary decision requesting that the applicant carries out one of the additional actions necessary for the recognition of his professional qualifications with regard to the circumstances of the case:
- a test of professional competence or
- an adjustment period during which they meet the missing conditions for the recognition of their professional qualifications.
The competent ministry issues the applicant the decision on the recognition of his professional qualifications for the practise of a profession:
- if, based on the application, it assesses that the professional qualifications of an applicant correspond to the professional qualifications required by the regulations in the Republic of Slovenia;
- when an applicant submits evidence of successfully completed adjustment period or a test of professional competence.
Application dossier ali application for marketing authorization
Annex to application
- Act Regulating the Procedure for Recognition of Professional Qualifications for Practising Regulated Professions or Professional Activities in the Republic of Slovenia for Nationals of the EU Member States, European Economic Area and Swiss Confederation
- Judicial remedy: Administrative dispute
- Competent authority: Administrative Court of the Republic of Slovenia