Licence to perform the activity of taxi services
A Community licence for the activity of taxi services may be acquired by sole traders or legal entities who meet the conditions to perform this activity.
An application to acquire a Community licence should be submitted to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia or the Chamber of Craft and Small Business of Slovenia.
Within 15 days of receiving a complete application, the licence issuer issues the applicant:
- a decision on granting the licence to perform transport,
- a licence certificate and
- copies of the licence for each individual vehicle.
A carrier is issued with as many copies of the licence as they need to perform road transport and for which they meet the conditions.
The original licence (certificate) is kept at the carrier's head office. During road transport and while driving, drivers must keep a copy of the licence in the vehicle.
A domestic carrier may begin road haulage on the day the licence is delivered.
Conditions and evidence
- Status and registration Transport manager Good reputation Suitable financial position Adequate vehicles
Acquisition of a permit
- Extract from the Business Register (AJPES) or any other suitable register
- Copy of the vehicle registration certificate for all motor vehicles
- Evidence of passing test of professional competence for transport operators
- Evidence of suitable financial situation
- Certificate of no criminal record
- Evidence of payment of procedure costs
- Judicial remedy: Appeal
After five years, a domestic carrier must renew the licence to perform transport. The carrier must file an application to renew the licence at least two months prior to the expiry of the licence.
- Application to renew a Community licence – Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia,
- Application to renew a Community licence – Chamber of Craft and Small Business of Slovenia.
A maximum of four and a minimum of two months prior to the expiry of the licence, the licence issuer must send a written note alerting the carrier to the expiry of the licence.