Concession for performing services for the labour market
A local or foreign legal entity with head office in the Republic of Slovenia can obtain the concession, if they have appropriate staff, business premises and equipment for performing their activity. The concession is granted by the ministry competent for labour which implements all rights and obligations of the concession provider in the name of the state.
The concession is granted based on a public tender for a maximum three-year period. The concession commission opens the offers in 30 days after the expiry of the deadline for the application to the public tender. The concession commission establishes for each offer whether it has been sent on time or if it was submitted by a bidder who fulfils the prescribed conditions, if the bid is submitted for a geographical area where a specific type of service is implemented as is determined in the tender, and if it is complete with regard to the text of the public tender.
The concession commission examines and assesses the complete offers according to the criteria of the public tender within 60 days after the conclusion of the public tender at the latest, and they prepare a proposal for granting concessions.
The ministry competent for labour issues one decision on the granting of concession with regard to all bids for a determined geographical area where an individual type of services should be implemented. This decision provides the concession to the best bidder or bidders and determines the duration of concession in accordance with the tender and at the same time rejects other bids.
The ministry competent for labour manages the register on granted concessions.
The concessionaire cooperates with the Employment Office at the exchange of information about the offer and demand in the labour market.
Individual public tenders determine detailed conditions and required documentation.
Conditions and evidence
- Status and registration Financial and commercial capacity Business premises Technical conditions Work programme Reporting Professional worker in services for labour market
- Extract from the Business Register (AJPES) – the competent authority acquires it ex officio.
- Statement of the fulfilment of technical conditions
- Statement of the fulfilment of financial and business conditions
- Statement of the fulfilment of spatial conditions
- Detailed work programme to provide the service that is the subject of concession
- Submitted organisational chart of existing employments
- Evidence of professional education of professionals
- Evidence of suitable work experience of professionals
- Evidence of conclusion of an employment relationship with employees
- Evidence of compulsory social insurance notification of employees
- Judicial remedy: Administrative dispute
- Competent authority: Administrative Court of the Republic of Slovenia
The concession is granted based on a public tender for maximum 3-year period, whereas its duration can be extended for the maximum period for which the concession contract was agreed.
The concession relationship is extended, if this is deemed necessary with regard to the situation and needs of the labour market and if:
- the concessionaire fulfils the conditions that were prescribed at the granting of concession;
- if the concessionaire diligently and on a timely basis fulfils contractual obligations;
- if the concessionaire eliminated potential irregularities that were established during the monitoring and supervision of the concession implementation on time;
- if there was no complaint filed against the concessionaire's work during the implementation of the concession or if there was no founded complaint in connection with the irregularities at the performance of the service, subject to the concession;
- there are no reasons for the withdrawal of the concession in accordance with the law and if the concessionaire did not violate the prescribed and contractually agreed obligations.
The concessionaire must file the application for the extension of the concession at least four months prior to the expiry of the period of the granted concession. The application must contain the statement on the fulfilment of conditions, prescribed at the granting of concession.
The concession cannot be extended, if the concessionaire did not consider regulations in the field of labour law and social security during the performance of concession activity.
Last updated: 3 leta
- Labour Market Regulation Act
- Rules on concessions for performing services for the labour market
- Rules on the standards and norms for the provision of services for labor market and the methodology for pricing these services
- General act on the performance of the professional examination for employees who provide services of career guidance and job placements and the exercise of professional examination for supervisor in the department for supervision of ESS
- Act of expert examination of the Institute of the Republic of Slovenia for employment