Licence of the Slovenian Intellectual Property Office
A licence to pursue the activity of collecting societies may be acquired by legal entities that meet the prescribed conditions.
A written application for the acquisition of the licence is filed with the Slovenian Intellectual Property Office.
The competent authority does not issue a licence if an authorisation for the collective management of copyrights has already been issued for the same type of copyright works to another collecting society, unless the legal entity demonstrates that it could provide more efficient and rational management of copyrights, and that it could, based on contracts with authors, manage a more comprehensive repertoire of protected works than the existing collecting society. The earlier authorisation shall terminate with the issuance of an authorisation to the new collecting society.
Conditions and evidence
- Statute that determines bodies and their powers to carry out the tasks of a collecting society
- Indication of persons authorised to represent a collecting society
- Statement of the number of persons who have authorised a collecting society to manage copyrights of their works collected in a repertoire
- Assessment of the economic significance of these rights for management efficiency
- Judicial remedy: Administrative dispute
- Competent authority: Administrative Court of the Republic of Slovenia