Notification of the intend to pursue activities involving radiation and use sources of radiation
The person who plans to:
- produce, process, use, store, transport, send, enter from EU Member States, enter in the EU Member States, import, export, unconditionally or conditionally abandon supervision or deposit radioactive substances or possess them or in any other way handle them;
- produce them, enter them from the EU Member States, import, maintain or implement the activity with a device or equipment which alone or due to its components radiates ionising radiation due to operations at a voltage higher than 5 kV;
- implement an activity determined by the government as a radiation activity, for the implementation of which a permit must be acquired, their intent must be notified to the competent authority.
- closed sources of radiation, types of which are approved and if, at normal operations, the prescribed limit values for the speed of dosage are not exceeded;
- electrical devices or equipment, types of which are approved and if, at normal operations, the prescribed limit values for the speed of dosage are not exceeded;
- cathode ray pipes intended for imaging, if the fulfil the prescribed conditions;
- radioactively contaminated materials which are the result of permitted exhausts of waste radioactive substances in the environment;
- radioactive substances or materials that contain radioactive substances below the level of exemption;
- radioactive substances or materials containing radioactive substances for which the competent authority under the previous paragraph decided that they are not considered under this act.
The notification of the intend shall contain at least the following information:
- name and head office of the company, institution or other organisation or sole entrepreneur who intent to implement radiation activity;
- the name of the person representing the provider of radiation activity;
- data on radiation activity and the used radiation source, including data about the location;
- data about the initiation and duration of the implementation of radiation activity or on the time of entry from the EU Member States, import, purchase, sale, entry to the EU Member States, export, abandonment of control, removal or disassembly of the radiation source.
The notification of intent also includes:
- the application for the issue of the permit or consent for the entry from the EU Member States, entry in the EU Member States, import, export, transit of nuclear substances, radioactive waste or spent fuel and for the transit of radiation sources with important activity;
- the application for the issue of the permit for the import and export of radioactive substances;
- the application for the use of radiation source if this involves the source of radiation which equals the source of radiation for which a permit has been acquired with regard to the purpose of use and the features of ionising radiation;
- the application for the issue of the permit for conditional abandonment of supervision of the radioactive substance.
The competent authority that receives the notification of intent, if this does not involve the application under the previous paragraph, notifies the applicant on further obligations that must be fulfilled n connection with the intent.