Entry in the register of providers of publicly valid education and training programmes
The providers of publicly valid education and training programmes are entered in the register. The register is administered by the ministry competent for education.
For performing education and training, kindergartens and schools must have professional staff with prescribed education, premises and equipment determined by the minister or the chamber that is authorised by the law.
Schools and kindergartens can perform the activity of education after being entered in the register managed by the ministry competent for preschool education or education. A kindergarten or school is entered in the register if the conditions determined for premises and equipment are ensured, if they have valid programme and if they attach the statement that the condition referring to ensuring professional staff with required education will be fulfilled until the start of the activity.
The application for the entry in the register at the ministry competent for preschool education or education is submitted by the management of the kindergarten or school. The application for entry must contain:
- name and company name, head office and identification number of the founder or name and surname, birth date, residence and identification number, if the founder is a natural entity;
- name and head office of the kindergarten or school;
- number and date of the act of incorporation;
- the name of the programme implemented by the kindergarten or school;
- public validity of the programme;
- statement of the managerial authority on ensuring the fulfilment of spatial, staff and equipment conditions of the statement by the management that the condition referring to ensuring professional staff with required education will be fulfilled until the start of the activity.
The management of the kindergarten or school is responsible for the truthfulness of data and statements under criminal and damage liability. If there is doubt on ensuring the conditions, the ministry can request the submission of additional evidence on ensuring the conditions for the implementation of activities in the first year after the registration prior to making the entry in the register.
If special knowledge is required for establishing or assessing a fact and the official person doesn’t have such knowledge, the minister appoints an expert or commission that establishes whether the provider fulfils the prescribed conditions for performing the education activities.
If the provider fulfils the conditions for entry in the register, the minister issues a decision on the entry into the register.
Data changes must also be entered in the register. The provider must send any modification of data entered in the register within 30 days upon their occurrence.
The kindergarten or school is deleted from the register:
- if the publicly valid programme is terminated;
- if a final judgement was issued to prohibit the implementation of the publicly valid programme;
- upon the inspections' proposal, if the school or kindergarten does not act in accordance with the final inspection decision that refers to the provision of conditions necessary for entry in the register;
- if it ceases to exist.
Conditions and evidence
- Articles of Association Educational programme Premises and equipment Organiser of adult education Head of adult education Teacher of general subjects in secondary education Teacher of professional and theoretical subjects in secondary education Teacher of practical subjects in secondary education Short-cycle higher school lecturer Master in in education Laboratory technician in education Instructor in short-cycle professional education
Acquisition of a permit
- Judicial remedy: Administrative dispute
- Competent authority: Administrative Court of the Republic of Slovenia