Entry in the register of tourist escorts
Individuals who have passed the examination for a tourist escort or proved that they have two years practical experience as a tour operator are entered in the register of tourist escorts maintained by the Tourism and Hospitality Chamber of Slovenia.
Applications to take the exam shall be lodged with the Tourism and Hospitality Chamber of Slovenia in the form prescribed.
After the successful completion of the exam, the tourist escort receives:
- a certificate on a successfully completed examination and
- a certificate on the entry in the register of tourist escorts,
- a plastic identity card with a colour photograph.
The tourist escort must wear the identity card when performing the service.
Acquisition of a permit
- Copy of employment contract with the original statement provided by the employer
- Certificate of registration of data for pension insurance
- Copy of employment booklet
- Evidence of payment of the contribution for the exam
- Evidence of knowledge of a foreign language at secondary school level
- Seminar paper with attached itinerary
- Judicial remedy: Appeal
Once a year, no later than on January 31st of the current year for the previous year, tourist guides and escorts shall apply for a renewal of their annual registration and submit information to the Tourism and Hospitality Chamber of Slovenia about the number of days and the destinations guided for the previous year.
Last updated: Once a year