Licence to perform national road haulage
A licence to perform national road haulage may be acquired by sole traders or legal entities who meet the prescribed conditions to perform this activity.
An application to acquire a licence should be filed with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia or the Chamber of Craft and Small Business of Slovenia.
Within 15 days of receiving a complete application, the licence issuer issues the applicant
- a decision on the granting of the licence to perform road haulage,
- a licence certificate and
- copies of the licence for each individual vehicle.
A carrier is issued as many copies of the licence as they need to perform road transport and for which they meet the conditions.
The original of the licence (certificate) is kept at a carrier's head office. During road transport and driving itself, a driver must keep a copy of the licence in the vehicle.
A domestic carrier may begin transport on the day the licence is delivered.
Acquisition of a permit
- Extract from the Business Register (AJPES) or any other suitable register
- Copy of the vehicle registration certificate for all motor vehicles
- Evidence of passing test of professional competence for transport operators
- Evidence of suitable financial situation
- Certificate of no criminal record
- Evidence of payment of procedure costs
- Judicial remedy: Appeal
After five years, a domestic carrier must renew the licence to perform transport. The carrier must file an application to renew the licence at least two months prior to the expiry of the licence.
- Application to renew a national licence – Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia,
- Application to renew a national licence – Chamber of Craft and Small Business of Slovenia.
A maximum of four and a minimum of two months prior to the expiry of the licence, the licence issuer must send a written note alerting the carrier to the expiry of the licence.