In order to operate a ski slope, the operator must obtain an operating permit issued by the minister competent for traffic.
In order to obtain the operating permit, the ski slope operator must provide:
- insurance against avalanches in avalanche-prone sections of the ski slope;
- protection next to precipices and other dangerous areas;
- protection around ski lift towers on ski slopes;
- order and protection of waiting queues in front of ski lift facilities;
- suitably prepared open ski slopes;
- marked borders of the ski slopes;
- warning and notification signs;
- a rescue and control unit;
- a telephone connection with the information centre; night-time operation if the ski slope operates at night;
- ski slope capacity.
Furthermore, the operator must provide at least one supervisor who may, at the same time, serve as a rescuer provided that he is suitably trained and meets all of the required conditions.