Appointment of an authority to carry out regular and extraordinary certification
The procedure to appoint a legal entity or a sole trader commences by filing a request for appointment at the Metrology Institute. The director of the Institute appoints at least a three-member committee which prepares an opinion on the suitability of the request.
Based on the study of the request, the submitted documentation and an assessment visit with the applicant, the director provides an opinion. The committee issues its own opinion no later than one month of the date when the request is compete. Then the committee submits the request to the director of the Institute who issues a decision on the appointment or rejects the request for appointment.
Acquisition of a permit
- List of measuring equipment required to carry out tasks and information on measurement uncertainty of measuring methods
- List of potential subcontractors and evidence of their competence
- Last approved version of the quality procedure manual and of all documents required from the aspect of the quality system
- Valid accreditation list with an attachment issued in accordance with the standard on requirements for the competence of control authorities
- Statement that the applicant only issues accredited reports on measurements carried out within their accredited metrology activity
- Judicial remedy: Appeal
- Competent authority: Metrology Institute